Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear world...

My mom is slowly getting better and we are all grateful for that. She has been recovering steadily and has gotten the OK to travel, which is great. Hopefully she can start her stroke study aphasia program in Chicago soon. That will help her feel better, too.

I decided to write this post when I looked over some sheet my mom had. When I was looking at it she said "That's mine it's not for you" and despite all the positives about being covered with having great insurance now, it does not override the bills she received prior to her insurance change. Therefore, it is essential we work together even more. I know our economy is in a depression and that so many of you have helped out immensely, but we are still struggling, too. We are going to have to sell the house soon as the mortgage is ridiculous and the bills for her hospital stays at both Brotman and UCLA are not going anywhere. Many people in this time are in major debt so it just scares me as I assume it scares lots of people. Let's just hope things begin to work themselves out and someone just comes to save the day for us too! You can donate by clicking donate on the left and giving your credit card info on the paypal thing or sending a check to the address below the button. Keep giving anything that you can. It means so much.

With love,
Ems and the crew

No comments: