Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012 update- Happy new year!

I could have sworn I updated this thing since the big move... I guess not.

We got mom settled in an apartment in Santa Monica off Wilshire. Was a huge change but I we've adapted well, considering. In October she went to Chicago with me (Emma) to do a Aphasia Speech therapy study for 6 weeks. We had a blast and totally think it was beneficial for momma. Lots of laughs were had and lots of growth. We came home just in time for thanksgiving dinner at Celia's.

Since then, we celebrated the holidays. And momma went back solo to Chicago the first week of January for a follow up to her study in October. Sounds like it was an easy trip considering she managed on her own. When marsh and I took her to the airport she was so over us asking if she had everything etc. Ha!

I'm not sure specifically the days but she is supposedly doing a group physical/occupational therapy intensive during the week. Sounds like it is helpful.

Nonetheless, she hasn't changed and continues to amaze and inspire me.

No comments: