Wednesday, January 7, 2009

There is nothing better than to start the new year fresh

I was told to update the blog, as I have not done so in over a month. My apologies yet again. We had a heartfelt and loving ceremony that I won't directly label but my aunt's told me I should tell everyone that we are open for any presents!!! 

Happy holidays to all and a very very special new years! It was lovely to spend some time with the family and be able to come together and find gratitude in all the chaos we have all, to some degree, been effected with. Lots has happened but we are all together, knowing we don't ever have to go through anything alone. The strength of the masses is so apparent when crisis hits. 

My mom finished her first 6 weeks of the stroke aphasia program in Chicago and I accompanied her there over the weekend. The weather was freezing pretty unbearable, but having to only spend two days there, we managed just fine. Visited the T-Lee clan on sunday when we got in and watched the boys play hockey. Really fun to surprise Uncle T and the fam. Glad to be home in warmer weather. The program, I think, was beyond helpful in improving my moms speech and starting to become more familiar and comfortable with words she once could not express. From having to probe her to waiting for her to answer questions, the clear shift in her progress is astonishing. 

Now there are some downsides and upsides... My mom is going to get covered with insurance now (yay!) but the downside is she still is going to need a heart valve replacement. We are hoping for the sooner the better but we have no say in the matter. At this point, we are asking for as much support as possible as we are at a crucial time in decision making. Hopefully all will be successful. When there are more definite details, I will of course update this immediately. 

Until then, hope the new year brings everyone lots of love and lots of peacefulness. Life is too short to settle for anything less. 

With love,
Ems

No comments: