Monday, July 14, 2008

"We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated"- Maya Angelou

(Sorry, blurry picture)
My moms an inspiration and I don't care how many times I mention it. I've never really thought about what it would be like to not be able to express what I need or say what I already know. But, now I genuinely have thought about it and seen it first hand. It must be so scary to feel so helpless. So I give her props for her determination. I just know that we, us kids, are attempting to allocate as much time as possible with her to support our mother heal and continue to show up for her to keep her moving forward. I just wanted to update the world on her progress. She's always put us first, why can't we do that much? She made it through at home with Sonya, the kindest woman to help out. A new woman has arrived for the week but we kind of forget her name. Susan came over with some caprese salad, which she loved. I brought home some tamales from the palisades farmers market but there wasn't her favorite blue corn with mozzarella and green chilies. I think she was satisfied nonetheless. Later in the day, she watched Alice and me playing in the pool which was so unbelievably warm! We played like we were little again. It felt wonderful to have her right there watching us like she always has done. That's just a brief idea of where she's at, hope it helps paint a picture.
Additionally, I know people would like to contribute in other forms. I am aware people asked to bring food. I love food! And so does our family. It would be a blessing, although we don't want 5 things one night and none the next night. Susan, her beloved friend, has helped create a calendar for food.
Check out Lora Lee's meal delivery service on google calendars. Here's the url: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dHRlZmQ2cGY3MGVpdXRuNHFiNDRvOHZxNG9AZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ. Questions or problems? Please email Susan Zachary @ marshakzachary@aol.com. Thanks!
Keep her in your prayers.
Love, Ems

1 comment:

JR said...

Lora - I came across this quote from one of your old faves...

"We cannot come to terms with the present until we learn to think of it (1) as part of the distant future (as it once was), and (2) as part of the distant past (as it will someday be). We must do this with... the houses and rooms we sit in, our loved ones as they now appear, the state of our work, of our own body, of our very spirit. To do this is to not only value the present but to grow beyond it..."
-Robert Grudin - Time and the Art of Living

Stay strong, keep fighting. God bless you and the wonderful family that surrounds you.

James