Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dear world,

It's been a little while since this page has been updated, my apologies. I've been on hiatus traveling. You know how it is...

My mom finally got some stable outpatient therapies approved and has been attending UCLA and Cedar-Sinai, I believe. The girls (Alice, Katie, Marcia, Celia, Lora and I) had our tea date to celebrate the summer birthday babies at Hotel Bel-Air a few weeks ago and Katie's departure to college. It was lovely and yummy as always. It was a nice escape from reality while we stuffed our faces with scones and cookies and chocolate covered strawberries and drank our way into food coma oblivion of tea. We have a new stranger in our home that we all don't think is much of a stranger anymore. Michelle is her name. She is my mom's new caretaker and she's truly brought positive energy and a sense of comfort into our home, far beyond anyone we've had yet. (Alice even likes singing her name, "MIIIIIICHELLLLLE") Esperanza comes on the weekends to hang out and give Michelle a little break and it is a fabulous routine. Mema came to be of service a week ago and sadly is leaving to go back to Chicago in the morning. Our food schedule that Susan kindly developed is stress reducing and ever-ending with love and great treats. My mom's strong but it's still hard and frustrating. And with that, comes sadness. But, it would be even that much harder not having all the support we do and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As for us, we are doing what we can to live our lives. Jack's back at school writing like a sports legend for Cal Football and making us all proud. Alice has a month off until she's back to school for her senior year and has been apprehensively thinking about college applications with her downtime. I tell her she shouldn't worry but she doesn't listen. But then again, who doesn't worry about college! And for me, I started classes last week taking a full-load and being more eager to learn than ever. We are all pushing through, one day at a time. 

For future thoughts, we need as much support as possible, still. My mom has an appointment on Thursday Sept. 4, with this world renowned healer, Master Hong. Click on the link and read about him. Continue to get the word out and show people how they can help. We are always in dire need for support. Thanks so much for reading and loving. 

Love, Ems

No comments: