Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Year: 2010

I haven't updated in forever. I always say that but it has been since this summer! I am so sorry.

Anyway, like usual, lots is going on.

Jack got back from Rome and Alice got back from New York in December. We had a very lovely Christmas with Mema and Grandpaul coming out here for 5 days. It's been great to have everyone home, although my mom mentioned to me that we were doing just fine on our own. :)

Prior to Alice returning, we were plagued with termites and a water leak in her bathroom. We had to undergo a bathroom remodel and now she has a new shower! Yay! Also, my mom's car is breaking down. It has just been a mess trying to keep the car alive with way too much money put into the car, to now have the transmission failing... Oh well. So a new car is in the horizion, sooner than later. Just think about that if you know anyone that wants to help us in the hard time. It's a new year and we are all optimistic.

My mom is doing well... her regular routine of stroke support group, seeing movies with friends, acupuncture, going to her therapies, and cleaning up after me. I tell her not to but she tells me no one will do it if she doesn't. She's the best.

I also received many additional cd's that my cousin Molly made for my mom as a sort of fundrasing thing. If you want one or know someone who does, please call. 310 849 9892.

Love and joy for this new year!
Emma

No comments: